Learn Spanish in Mexico.
Acquire fluency in Spanish through the Instituto de Estudios Superiores Anglo Mexicano (IESAM) study abroad programs. Conveniently based in the city of Coatzacoalcos, Mexico, this international learning program provides participants with a unique educational experience. Programs are offered throughout the year, immersing students in the Spanish language and Mexican culture for a minimum period of twelve weeks.
About our Scholarships 2022
Who can apply? Requirements:
- Must be a high school senior or undergraduate student at the time of application.
- Students must have between 16 and 21 years old.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must demonstrate interest for the Spanish Language and the Mexican culture writing a letter with the reasons of application.
Each winning student will receive:
- Registration fees and tuition at our private university.
- A 12-week Intensive Spanish course in Mexico, with 4 hours of daily Spanish language classes.
- Two additional classes per day (Spanish immersion) Grammar, Communication, History, Arts & Literature.
- One-weekend field trip around Chiapas with transportation, accommodation and tour.
- Students may use their scholarships starting the program in September 2022 and finishing November 2022.
Additionally, the scholarship recipients will enjoy the included services and benefits available to every IESAM student, with the aim to help them integrate into local life, explore local culture and focus their energies on a truly «immersive» learning experience:
- 24-hour emergency phone line.
- Cultural adaptation and professional guidance adviser.
- Welcome dinner with students and teachers on their first day of class.
- A city tour.
- A University student card, with discounts on local restaurants, gymnasiums, photo shops and other services.
- Folder containing a map of the city, workbook and more…
- A thorough oral and written Spanish level test, as well as personal copies of study material and textbooks appropriate for their level.
- Participation in IESAM University activities: conferences, events, etc.
- Use of school resources: library, computer room with free internet access, free use of IESAM semi-olympic swimming pool.
- And on satisfactory participation in the course, a certificate of completion, listing the student’s level of Spanish, the duration of the course and the hours of study completed.
- In short, the experience of a lifetime.
What’s not included?
- Homestay (Accommodation)
- Health insurance
- Personal expenses
In addition to a completed application, the applicant must also submit the following: a letter of recommendation (the letter must be from the person listed on the application); an official transcript of grades; certificate of birth and passport.
Mr. Hector Carrera / International Programs
Address: Juan Escutia 2014. Colonia 20 de Noviembre
Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, México. C.P. 96570
Office phone +52 921 2137601
Cell +52 1 921 133 0482